VEGAN thai red curry
RECIPE by @bosh.tv
Delicious vegan thai red curry!
Time: 60 mins
- 2 tbsp coconut oil,
- 1 white onion (finely sliced),
- 4 cloves garlic (finely sliced),
- 2 inches ginger (grated),
- 2 red chillies (finely sliced),
- 2 red peppers (finely sliced),
- 1 zucchini (courgette) (finely sliced),
- 2 cups coconut cream (from cans of full fat coconut milk),
- 1/2 cup red thai paste (always read the label),
- 1 cup baby sweetcorn (sliced),
- 1 cup tenderstem broccoli,
- 1 cup mangetout,
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar,
- 1/2 tbsp salt,
- 1/2 pint coconut water (left over from the coconut milk cans),
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash,
- 2 limes (juice),
- 1 cup cilantro (coriander) leaves,
based on 27 customer reviews
1. Cut squash into 1 inch cubes & roast for 30 minutes at 200℃ (392℉).
2. Put the coconut oil in the pan & melt.
3. Add onion & soften (slightly).
4. Add garlic & ginger & cook for a minute.
5. Add chilli & pepper & cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add zucchini & cook for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in coconut cream so all the veg is covered.
8. Add red thai paste & mix in.
9. Add the sweetcorn, broccoli & mange tout & cook for 2 minutes.
10. Taste the the sauce & add sugar & salt if you think it needs it.
11. Add coconut water & stir in.
12. Add the roasted squash .
13. Squeeze in the lime.
14. Add the cilantro (coriander) & stir in.
15. Serve immediately over fluffy rice & garnish with toasted nuts & cilantro.