Delicious Vegan Tofu Krispy Katsu
RECIPE by @sovegan
Take a trip to Japan with this delicious vegan take on the classic katsu curry.
Time: 40 mins
- 300g extra firm tofu,
- Flour mix,
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk,
- 80g vegan corkflakes,
- 1/2 onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder,
- 1/2 tsp garam masala,
- 1 tbsp plain flour,
- 300ml vegetable stock,
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- Salt and pepper season to taste
based on 17 customer reviews
- Cut the tofu and dip them in the flour mix, plant-based milk and the vegan cornflakes.
- Fry each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Bake them at 180°C for 15 minutes (fan).
- Add the onion and carrots in a pan and fry for 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, garam masala and plain flower and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream, salt and pepper.
- Put the mix into the blender and mix until smooth😋